Trying to make healthier choices can be a struggle in the beginning for many reasons. I know we see so much information on social media about what we can do to be healthy. What we can buy to make things easier, and who we can follow to give us ideas, and then we have social media which has an endless amount of information, which is great! However changing our lifestyle takes time and when we try to go all out whether that be buying many different things, or by trying to cook full course healthy meals every night, or by buying every damn cook book that we see we can easily get overwhelmed and stop because of that.
I’m here to tell you that you can be healthy on the go, you can make things easier for yourself, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Being on the go is exhausting on its own, we are busy people which is why it’s important that we take care of ourselves!!
Here’s a few tips to make your day healthier:
- Drink Water, you need it being dehydrated is awful and you will be surprised how much better you feel when you drink more water throughout the day.
- Incorporate Hot Tea in your daily routine this is important for many reasons one being the power of a cup of tea can actually be considered self-care it’s soothing and relaxing and when you have a stressful day this might just be the thing that makes you feel better. PLUS it takes two seconds to make, also you are getting antioxidants, it boosts your immune system, It’s hydrating, and tea can give you that extra energy boost in the middle of the afternoon if you need it!
- If coffee gives you the jitters and makes you feel anxious try switching it out for Matcha Latte. You get the energy, without the crash or jitters. This perfect little green blend is delicious and so good for you.
- Add a smoothie a day, blend it up take it on the go so easy. Do you know how much goodness you can put in a smoothie? Starting your day with a smoothie is going to make you feel good trust me. (Try not to overload it with the fruit though, a little bit can go a long way)
- Meal prep I have been doing this lately because one it makes my mornings so much less stressful, I save money, and I am not grabbing random snacks throughout the day because I packed things that are delicious and a healthier option for me. Pick a day put on some music and make it a thing you do, you never know you might actually like it and keep it as a habit 🙂
- Use your crock pot, you can throw so many things together and let that cook while you are at work. Look up healthy crock pot ideas and you have endless options without a ton of work.
- Sometimes we are exhausted from the day and cooking is the last thing we want to do, that’s okay you can use your crock pot and come home to a delicious smelling house, or you can put veggies + protein on a pan and put it in the oven it doesn’t have to be a struggle.
- Make healthy snacks, it’s so easy to just go grab a bag of chips, or a candy bar, or anything that’s easy to satisfy our craving, so make it easy on yourself and prep your snacks. Things like roasted chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt covered blueberries, fat balls are easy to prep and make and to have on hand when you are busy.
- This goes with above, stock your work area with healthier options, you will be less likely to go to the vending machine.
Make small steps switch things out, try new things and see what works best for you. It’s all about balance we aren’t going to eat perfect every single day but when we eat better and take care of ourselves we feel better and that’s where its at! What do you all do to make things easier for yourself? What are some healthier options that you choose to incorporate into your day?