15 In Mindset

Blog Series: The Many Faces of Perseverance Featuring Kim Coyle

The Many Faces Of Perseverance Blog Series. I thought it would be nice to take the filter out of our daily lives and to be able to relate to many different people about struggles that we each face. I am learning everyday to embrace the struggles we go through, instead of fearing them. I am learning that everything we go through is putting us on our path and helping us grow. I am learning that even when its uncomfortable and hard that we are learning so much about ourselves and  that our struggles are shaping us into a better version of ourselves. I hope you gain guidance, inspiration, and support from this series – Alexa

Kim’s story is her experience rolling through the punches and going through life. It’s heartwarming to see one of your best friends persevere through hard times and come out an even better person than before!

Kim, what made you want to share your story with others?

I wanted to share my story to inspire others to use their voice. Courage is defined when you see a great obstacle in front of you and you’re scared, but you still step forward. It’s okay to be scared, that means you are about to do something big. I hope when people read this that they are inspired to share their story and bring light through a dark time.

Kim Coyle

I am at a stage in time where the decisions I make are vital to my future. Before I would make decisions and not think about the impact it would have on my future. To me, the present could not possibly determine my future because I had TIME. And now TIME is of the essence! Almost a year ago I had assumed my life role was determined to be a PTA and i thought I was about to settle down with the man of my dreams. To my surprise, life happened, and I was thrown through a whirlwind of events that would soon change my outlook on life. The man I thought I was going to marry ended things rather abruptly which sent me into a depressed and very vulnerable state. At the time I was ashamed to admit it, but I didn’t love myself anymore. I had become so obsessed with making my life look perfect, and I lost my ability to laugh at myself and enjoy life.

You see, life isn’t perfect..life is beautifully chaotic. You have ups and downs and sometimes you get stuck going through the same circle of events day in and day out. It wasn’t until I realized that the Lord was my savior and HE was the ONLY thing that would love me the way I wanted to be loved. I decided I was going to change my outlook on life and I was going to live my days for him. I pushed myself to forgive those who have hurt me so that those heavy feelings of hate, depression, and anxiety were no longer dragging me down. So yes I forgave the man who “broke my heart” and ever since I have rid myself of these emotions I have made room for love, inspiration, and strength. NOW My intentions are far greater than being a PTA and getting married. I want to show others that it’s okay to go through the “downs” in life. You do not have to be ashamed. And you certainly don’t have to act like they never happened. I pray that people all over the world realize that each of us have endless potential to better others. It is our choice to press-on and tell our stories (good or bad) because there is someone out there waiting to hear and be touched by your story. We go through the DOWNS in life to bring others UP!
This all begins with a choice…I pray you choose not to ignore what happened to you! USE IT FOR THE BETTER!

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

Becca
    September 26, 2017 at 2:47 pm

I love this! It’s so important to embrace the downfalls in our lives, because everyone goes through hard times and we need to inspire and lift others up <3

healthydashofsass
      September 26, 2017 at 3:16 pm

I couldn’t agree more its so important to lift others up 🙂

bohemiannation
    September 26, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Wow I relate to this so much. I especially love this line “ that we are learning so much about ourselves and that our struggles are shaping us into a better version of ourselves.” yes!!! Our struggles do really shape us, and it can be painful to endure things like a broken relationship or illness or failed job, etc but they truly do make us who we are. Loved hearing from you and Kim on this subject. Thank you!

healthydashofsass
      September 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm

I am so glad that you were able to relate to this post, and I agree it took me a long time to accept the fact that our struggles are meant to happen and we can learn from them and grow or we can hinder our growth. Thank you for your thoughts!

mscurry08
    September 26, 2017 at 3:09 pm

This is such a great message and I love the idea of this blog series!! Kim’s story about ups and downs is so relatable! I really enjoyed this. I’ll be tuning in’

healthydashofsass
      September 26, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I am so glad that you were able to relate, thank you for your thoughts 🙂

laurenedwards20
    September 26, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for sharing this! Forgiveness is so important! God says that we should forgive others just as we need God to forgive us! I am so glad that Kim is in a much more positive space!

healthydashofsass
      September 27, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Yes she is its awesome to see 🙂

adventuresofsnowwhite
    September 26, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Our downfalls make us stronger. Such a heartwarming post <3

Andrea Nicole
    September 26, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Our downfalls make us stronger. Such a heartwarming post ❤

Momma Patsy
    September 26, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Life is hard. You have to learn to go with it and move forward.. dont let the hard things take you down. thank you for this post. 🙂

healthydashofsass
      September 27, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, yes we have to continue moving forward 🙂

aya
    September 27, 2017 at 3:09 am

I LOVE THIS! I love how she turned to the Lord. God is good! All the time ❤️ Absolutely agree that we need to get rid of all negative feelings and forgiveness is one way to do that. That way, we give more space in our hearts and we are now capable of giving more love.

BlueSapphire
    November 23, 2017 at 8:10 pm

There’s a reason why God allow failures and sufferings happen in our life.
    Your story is so inspiring!