Sometimes I really get frustrated not necessarily at other people, even though sometimes people really do truly suck lol but at myself because I am not where I want to be yet. I have all these things that I want to accomplish and I want them now, now, now but you see I think that’s the problem that a lot of us deal with on a daily basis. I feel that a lot of us want the instant gratification and we see everyone’s lives daily on social media and if they are where we want to be we instantly get discouraged. We start thinking things like:
- Why am I not where I want to be yet?
- Why does their relationship/marriage seem so happy and mine is falling apart?
- How are they so happy, why do I feel so down?
- How do they know exactly what they want to do, and I am still figuring it out?
- Why cant I have my dream career yet?
- Why cant I have my dream home yet?
- Will I ever get out of debt?
- Will I ever be able to travel like everyone else?
- Will I ever be successful?
- Why do they seem like they have it all figured out, and I constantly feel like a failure?
Feelings start coming up stemmed from envy and make us feel like we are failing, or we are doing something wrong because we are not in the same place that someone else is in. We start a cycle of self doubt and we start to feel worse and overthink where we are, and how we feel about our current situations. I think what we have to realize is that success, and getting to where your supposed to be happens at a different time than everyone else, and also realize success looks different for everyone.
We all go through our own unique struggles to get onto the path that was meant for us. I think it’s really important to learn to flow through our seasons, we all have different lessons that we need to learn and we will all learn them at a different pace, and that’s really okay. Everything that we go through is shaping us, helping us grow, changing out perspective, and showing us who we want to be and pushing us in the direction that we need to go. If we didn’t constantly go through different periods/seasons in our lives we would never change, we would never get to where we need to be. We have to learn to embrace the uncertainty, and the struggle. Learn to let go of the control that we think we need to have on every aspect of our lives.
We have to learn to sit through both the good and the bad and to always look for the lesson in each, the good and the bad are helping us evolve as a person. I know its hard when we are in the midst of things going wrong, and feeling like things aren’t going to get better, struggle after struggle, but when you go through this just remind yourself that this will not last, and that eventually things will start to take a turn for the better. Remind yourself that you need this experience because its going to help you become the person that you need to be for your future endeavors. I know its easy to say this but I truly understand what it feels like to:
- Not know what you want to do with your life
- To have to move home, because you are in so much debt you can barely pay your bills
- To struggle with anxiety and not know how to make yourself feel better
- To be in a relationship that is constantly up and down and not know what to do, to make it better
- To be so stressed out, that you are constantly getting sick
- To be a mess financially, physically, and emotionally
If you would of talked to me a year ago, I was a completely different person and I just want people to know that you aren’t alone. This is the whole reason why I started the blog series The Many Faces of Perseverance because I get it, I know what it feels like to struggle, and struggle, and then struggle some more.
Here’s some things I do to make myself feel better when life is shitty:
- PODCASTS Y’ALL I AM NOT PLAYING you want to change your mindset start listening to a podcast daily.
- Morning Routines = Consistency = Stability
- Always quality time with my daughter, friends and family.
- MAKE time for your hobbies, don’t ever give up the little things that make you happy
- Baths + GOOD MUSIC = Calmness try it before you knock it
- Balance: Eat good for your body, but don’t give up all the food that you love
- Reach out, reach out to others, talk it out, you will feel so much better.
- Volunteer, helping others is actually very therapuetic
- Long drives + Music to clear your head
- Read, learn, change your perspective on your situation
- Step into your faith
What I am trying to saying is that we will always be going through different seasons in our lives, and we have to learn to sit with them, to learn from them, to grow from them, and continue to push ourselves forward. We aren’t meant to stay stuck in one spot, in one mindset. Just remember when life sucks, take care of yourself mentally and physically no matter what.