32 In Mindset

Here’s to being okay with the season you are in

Sometimes I really get frustrated not necessarily at other people, even though sometimes people really do truly suck lol but at myself because I am not where I want to be yet. I have all these things that I want to accomplish and I want them now, now, now but you see I think that’s the problem that a lot of us deal with on a daily basis. I feel that a lot of us want the instant gratification and we see everyone’s lives daily on social media and if they are where we want to be we instantly get discouraged. We start thinking things like:

• Why am I not where I want to be yet?
  • Why does their relationship/marriage seem so happy and mine is falling apart?
  • How are they so happy, why do I feel so down?
  • How do they know exactly what they want to do, and I am still figuring it out?
  • Why cant I have my dream career yet?
  • Why cant I have my dream home yet?
  • Will I ever get out of debt?
  • Will I ever be able to travel like everyone else?
  • Will I ever be successful?
  • Why do they seem like they have it all figured out, and I constantly feel like a failure?

Feelings start coming up stemmed from envy and make us feel like we are failing, or we are doing something wrong because we are not in the same place that someone else is in. We start a cycle of self doubt and we start to feel worse and overthink where we are, and how we feel about our current situations. I think what we have to realize is that success, and getting to where your supposed to be happens at a different time than everyone else, and also realize success looks different for everyone.

We all go through our own unique struggles to get onto the path that was meant for us. I think it’s really important to learn to flow through our seasons, we all have different lessons that we need to learn and we will all learn them at a different pace, and that’s really okay. Everything that we go through is shaping us, helping us grow, changing out perspective, and showing us who we want to be and pushing us in the direction that we need to go. If we didn’t constantly go through different periods/seasons in our lives we would never change, we would never get to where we need to be. We have to learn to embrace the uncertainty, and the struggle. Learn to let go of the control that we think we need to have on every aspect of our lives.

We have to learn to sit through both the good and the bad and to always look for the lesson in each, the good and the bad are helping us evolve as a person. I know its hard when we are in the midst of things going wrong, and feeling like things aren’t going to get better, struggle after struggle, but when you go through this just remind yourself that this will not last, and that eventually things will start to take a turn for the better. Remind yourself that you need this experience because its going to help you become the person that you need to be for your future endeavors. I know its easy to say this but I truly understand what it feels like to:

• Not know what you want to do with your life
  • To have to move home, because you are in so much debt you can barely pay your bills
  • To struggle with anxiety and not know how to make yourself feel better
  • To be in a relationship that is constantly up and down and not know what to do, to make it better
  • To be so stressed out, that you are constantly getting sick
  • To be a mess financially, physically, and emotionally

If you would of talked to me a year ago, I was a completely different person and I just want people to know that you aren’t alone. This is the whole reason why I started the blog series The Many Faces of Perseverance because I get it, I know what it feels like to struggle, and struggle, and then struggle some more.

Here’s some things I do to make myself feel better when life is shitty:

• PODCASTS Y’ALL I AM NOT PLAYING you want to change your mindset start listening to a podcast daily.
  • Morning Routines = Consistency = Stability
  • Always quality time with my daughter, friends and family.
  • MAKE time for your hobbies, don’t ever give up the little things that make you happy
  • Baths + GOOD MUSIC = Calmness try it before you knock it
  • Balance: Eat good for your body, but don’t give up all the food that you love
  • Reach out, reach out to others, talk it out, you will feel so much better.
  • Volunteer, helping others is actually very therapuetic
  • Long drives + Music to clear your head
  • Read, learn, change your perspective on your situation
  • Step into your faith

What I am trying to saying is that we will always be going through different seasons in our lives, and we have to learn to sit with them, to learn from them, to grow from them, and continue to push ourselves forward. We aren’t meant to stay stuck in one spot, in one mindset. Just remember when life sucks, take care of yourself mentally and physically no matter what.

Alexa

You Might Also Like

32 Comments

Jennifer Salisbury
    October 31, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Hey girl,

This post totally hit home. T.O.T.A.L.L.Y. We’re moving as a family & I have to make a career change. It’s been so hard to re-evaluate where I’m at in life, if what I’m doing is right, etc. Thank you for helping me bring some peace of mind to my Tuesday!

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I am so glad I could help, I hope your moving process goes smoothly ❤️ &a good luck in your new career!

ellypaunoska
    October 31, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Great post, I love your tips for positive mindset , I now that helps a lot 🙂 thank you it was plesure to read.

carefreespiritfairy
    October 31, 2017 at 4:47 pm

This is a beautiful post. I think it’s important to just be in the moment. enjoy what you are doing in the present and a good future is yet to come

Allie
    October 31, 2017 at 4:51 pm

I relate to this SO much! I am learning to enjoy this season, even though I would like to have a house/kids/fill-in-the-blank and feel so behind. It’s so important to shift your mindset and appreciate what you have now! This is so perfect (: Thanks for sharing!

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Yes, I agree I am learning to embrace the season I am in as well! It’s definitely a learning process! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

laurenedwards20
    October 31, 2017 at 5:08 pm

I love this! This is so important. I’m in my mid 20’s and I hear a lot of these types of things from my friends. Especially, now that our peers are getting engaged, married, moving etc. My belief in God helps me the most because I know that his timing is alright right and that I am where I am supposed to be.. Sometimes I do think about what I could be doing, but I know that I cannot compare my life journey to anyone elses. I like that you mentioned podcasts to help you stay on track. I want to start listening to some as well! Really good pointers!

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I am so glad that you can agree, yes stepping into my faith has helped me a lot as well! I love podcasts if you want any recommendations let me know 🙂

yustine22
    October 31, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Very good read. At some point in life you will think about where you are now and where you want to go. True we can learn from the past even though it wasn’t always how we would have planned it. But we get stronger in the end and that’s what we eventually want.

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Exactly, you are spot on! Thank you for sharing your thoughts 🙂

Michelle
    October 31, 2017 at 5:58 pm

OMG! I am right there with you! A bath is a MUST for me on those hectic days, and I am actually taking a sabbatical from work. I want time to step into my faith and get other areas lined up. I didn’t want to do it, but as you said…. I have to be okay with where I am at!

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Good for you, for knowing what you need and going after it! I wish you the best of luck ❤️

thelivingbreathingwendy
    October 31, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Wow! This is a fantastic point of view. I think this is something that everyone struggles with for one reason or another in their lives. This is definitely something that has been on my mind a lot this year (and certainly this season!). Thank you for putting such a universal experience into words.

healthydashofsass
      October 31, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to say that, I agree it’s been on my mind a lot too so I’m glad I could help ❤️

thatssodarling
    November 1, 2017 at 1:35 am

I love how positive you are! Its great to read things like this, it really puts people in a better mood! Love!

XO-Lisa

Megan
    November 1, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Absolutely loved this post. I related to a lot of what you said here 🙂

kellyypricee
    November 2, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Couldn’t agree more with listening to podcasts!! I’ve started listening to 1 or 2 that I really enjoy while at the gym, folding laundry, walking my dog, etc. It has helped me SO much. I feel more positive and empowered when I spend my time listening to things that uplift me. Great, great suggestion!!

healthydashofsass
      November 7, 2017 at 12:54 am

Yes podcasts seriously help me so much I couldn’t agree more 🙌🏻

binaperino
    November 9, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Really enjoyed this. We’ve all been here. Even when I think I’m out of that season, a new cycle starts and I start feeling doubtful and anxious. It’s so important to take care of yourself and remind yourself that life happens one day at a time. You can’t get anywhere if you’re not walking, so you just have to take baby steps forward. Be patient with yourself and try to have fun. It’s not the destination that will make you happy, but the journey.

healthydashofsass
      November 11, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Yess I am so glad that you said this, baby steps one day at a time! I relate to feeling anxious and doubtful as well!

binaperino
    November 9, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Really enjoyed this! Seasons are completely natural. You just have to be patient with yourself and have fun along the way. Self-care is so important. Also, it’s important to focus on your happiness now. Take each day at a time, and one step at a time.

Jessica
    November 9, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Super relevant to where I am in life right now. But I am learning to appreciate the little things and move forward. Not only can I relate to this post, but it offers a lot of solid insight too <3

healthydashofsass
      November 11, 2017 at 4:48 pm

I am so glad that you found this post insightful, yes I agree I am learning to appreciate the little things as well and continue to push forward!

Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
    November 10, 2017 at 12:39 am

Great post. We are in a change of season in the Ho household. It is pretty interesting and can definitely get stormy but I am very happy.

hleguilloux
    November 10, 2017 at 1:38 am

I really liked the analogy of changing seasons as a part of life.. very post for this time of the year with the leaves changing colour, as well. It can definitely help to have some motivation through these changes. Podcasts are a great source of motivation for me, too!

sublimemessages
    November 10, 2017 at 2:42 am

these are something I do myself as well. positivity is so important for our lives and along with it comes mindfulness. great suggestions.