Since it was National Book Lovers Day yesterday, its only right I make a list that goes along with that! I love all books, but here are a few that really peaked my interest in the past few months. I love making lists of new books, if you have any recommendations leave them below 🙂
The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson : Buy Below
- If you want to change your mindset this book is for you.
- It challenges you to think about what you need to change in your life, and challenges you to do the mundane things each day to reach success
- Best quote from book “Showing up is essential. Showing up consistently is powerful. Showing up consistently with a positive outlook is even more powerful.”
Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis : buy here https://amzn.to/2SKWr1l
- Rachel Hollis is an amazing speaker, and she promotes positivity constantly so without a doubt her book is amazing.
- We are always striving to be perfect this book reminds us to love ourselves.
- Best quote from book: “know this one great truth: you are in control of your own life. You get one and only one chance to live, and life is passing you by. Stop beating yourself up, and dang it, stop letting others do it too. Stop accepting less than you deserve. Stop buying things you can’t afford to impress people you don’t even really like. Stop eating your feelings instead of working through them. Stop buying your kids’ love with food, or toys, or friendship because it’s easier than parenting. Stop abusing your body and your mind. Stop! Just get off the never-ending track.”
The Subtle Art of not Giving A F*ck : buy here
- This is hands down in my top 5 favorite books. I think it was such a change of perspective since usually I read self help books by women.
- Its blunt, funny, and a motivating read.
- Best quote from book: “Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience. Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires. The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering. The avoidance of struggle is a struggle. The denial of failure is a failure. Hiding what is shameful is itself a form of shame.
Pain is an inextricable thread in the fabric of life, and to tear it out is not only impossible, but destructive: attempting to tear it out unravels everything else with it. To try to avoid pain is to give too many fucks about pain. In contrast, if you’re able to not give a fuck about the pain, you become unstoppable.” ~~~~ Mark Manson”
The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty : buy here
- I picked this book up on my way to vacation and I wasn’t disappointed, it was a nice change to read a fiction book and this one was very interesting.
- Suspenseful, interesting and keeps you on your toes, definitely pick this one up if you need a break from reality.
- Best quote from book: “None of us ever know all the possible courses our lives could have and maybe should have taken. It’s probably just as well. Some secrets are meant to stay secret forever. Just ask Pandora.”
How to Stop Feeling Like Shit by Andrea Owen : buy it here
- This book is really great it goes through action steps to change the way you think, and view yourself.
- It helps you dig deep and realized the negative thought patterns, and thinks you do in your life that are not good for you.
- Best quote from the book: “We don’t get better when the weather is calm and things are all unicorns farting rainbows. We get better when things fall apart, and we pick the pieces back up.”
External Links Disclaimer
https://healthydashofsass.com/ website and Healthy Dash Of Sass mobile app may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Healthy Dash Of Sass
Please note that the Healthy Dash Of Sass does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
Healthy Dash of Sass accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Any paid or compensated content will be clearly distinguished as such. All opinions are, and will always be, my own.
Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider in question.
Healthy Dash of Sass also publishes affiliate links. An affiliate link means I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!