You have to push yourself, It’s so easy to stay stuck in our comfort zone, that’s why when we all make lists, upon lists, upon lists of what we want, what habits we want to break, what things we want to accomplish, what we want to change each year and then 2 months into the year our lists are forgotten. Change takes so much self awareness and so much consistent effort that if we aren’t putting our all into it we will stop trying. Change isn’t instant gratification and I think that is why when we go to change something about our lives and don’t see the results first thing we get discouraged and then we stop because we think we aren’t making any improvement.
You have to push yourself
- You have to push yourself to want more
- You have to push yourself to be consistent everyday to get to your goal
- You have to push yourself to get out of your comfort zone
- You have to surround yourself with people who are making changes
- You have to do things that are going to get you to your goal
- You have to sit down and make a plan and then show up for yourself over and over again
No one wants to hear this but change takes time, and it takes consistent effort, and you will have to push yourself to get to where you need to be. Anything worth having isn’t going to come in a second, it’s going to take time, and struggle, and stress. You are going to feel discouraged, and mad at yourself, and sometimes you aren’t going to feel motivated at all towards the goal you are trying to reach. This is why you have to push yourself, you have to remind yourself your why and continue keeping on until you get to where you really want to be.
No one is going to do it for you, nobody wants your goal as badly as you do. Nobody wants to see you succeed as much as you want to, nobody is going to sit there and push you unless you pay them (Business coach, therapist, fitness trainer ect.) but even then they can only push you so much it’s up to you to take action. We say all the time what we want to change yet when it comes down to it the only way to get there is to actually do it. Put in work every single day. If you want a change in your life, you will have to work for it because at the end of the day nobody else is going to do it for you. You can do the work, or be disappointed because you never make the change happen.
Change is scary
Getting out of your comfort zone is scary, making a change and getting out of your daily habits is hard. Learning new habits, learning new ways, and making lifestyle changes takes work. The problem is, is if you want it bad enough you will do the work. Even if you get discouraged you will surround yourself with people who can lift you up. Change takes work, and it takes time and we have to learn to accept that before we can actually make any real change.
Steps to take to start change:
- Become self-aware of your bullshit. What is holding you back?
- Write down a list of things you actually want to change. Think, what do you always talk about doing, what do you really want to accomplish?
- Do one thing everyday that contributes to the change you want to make( That could look like drinking less pop, working out 1 more day a week, going back to school, searching for a new career a couple of minutes day)
- Check in with yourself, work through your mindset blocks. Think: What holds me back the most, why am I so against change?
- Reward yourself, change is hard why not make it fun with milestones.